The PE and sport premium is designed to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils.
Most schools with primary-age pupils receive the PE and sport premium.
The Governing Body of the school have decided that this funding should be spent as follows:
- To subsidise extra-curricular sports activities.
- To support the cost of providing specialist PE and sports teachers to provide professional development for staff.
- To work with pupils to overcome barriers to learning that may result from their deprivation.
- To have coaches to run competitions, and to increase pupils’ participation in competitions.
- To buy into local sports networks.